Monday, May 10, 2010

Lunch Box Chronicles: Day Twenty-Eight (ok this it, we are going to try to go VEGAN for the next 7 recipes)

I have heard much from our readers and have read so much about the benefits of a vegetarian diet (if done right) and I have never taken the time to make it really work for my family. The next seven days are going to be vegan recipes - no eggs, no milk, no meat, no processed sugar. I received a vegetarian cookbook for Mother's Day and just looked at the Vegetarian Times website which provides a primer for becoming vegetarian. Let's see how it goes! http://www.vegetariantimes.com/2007/pdf/vegetarian_starter_kit.pdf Recipe will be posted later today. I will be going to the So.Me.Vegan blog for ideas. Here we go!

Oh my goodness, I am arguing with myself! I'm just NOT ready to go vegan. I'll do lacto ovo vegetarian, meaning I will make recipes with eggs and cheese, but no meat.

OK, that has taken some of the stress out of it....I can now look at the chevre without too much guilt. Give me a few months, I might ease my way to veganism.....

1 comment:

  1. The name of the cookbook is World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey. Hopefully, we will get a recipe from there tonight.

    ReplyDelete