Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lunch Box Chronicles: Day Nineteen (Blueberry Preserves Dessert Triangle)



Not quite sure what I was thinking that I could create (with my somewhat hectic life) 365 ways to use Spelt Right pizza dough. I'm still working on it, but am going take my cousin Denise's advice and post some other recipes as well.

Had a whirlwind weekend visiting long lost friends in Bennington, VT and long lost relatives in Berkshire County, so I am going to provide you an "easy as pie" idea as I had not a moment to bake between the hugs, laughter, and tears. I would call this one more of an idea than a recipe because there are only two ingredients. Spelt Right Pizza dough and your favorite blueberry preserves (I hate to tell all the Maine blueberry preserves folks out there, but I used Trader Joe's Organic Blueberry Preserves, though I am CERTAIN that most the Maine varieties are better!) If you send me a jar or two of your jelly or other great creation to stuff in or top Spelt Right dough, I will try it and post my results. (If it doesn't come out so well, I won't post it, but if it is a keeper, I will put it here.)

Ingredients: One Spelt Right Pizza Dough (double in size). Your favorite blueberry jelly. Directions: Preheat oven to 400-450 (depending upon your oven), make 10 small balls with the dough, Roll or stretch to about 1/4 inch (or thinner) thick. Place large dollop of blueberry jelly in center. Make triangles. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Yum! The kids gave these a two thumbs up. The blueberry stuffers disappeared before I had a chance to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment