Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lunch Box Chronicles: Day Eighty-Five (Pemberton's Pomodoro Basilico, Trader Giotto's Marinated Mozzarella, Spelt Right Pizza Dough)

If you have read any of my earlier posts, you will know that I am a bit obsessed with Trader Joe's.  I have a love hate relationship with the place.  I love foraging through the store for new finds, but often get a little carried away.   I try to pretend that I am not that anxious for Trader Joe's to open in Portland, Maine, but it's a bit like a crush....I don't want to let them know, but the look is on my face.  The three ingredients I used today have one thing in common - extra virgin olive oil, aka EVOO.  Again, another obsession of mine. 

Recipe:  Spelt Right Pizza Dough topped with Pemberton's Pomodoro Basilico Pasta Sauce or Pemberton's Spicey Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce, and Trader Giotto's Marinated Mozzarella or regular mozzarella.   Directions:  Fully thaw and rise a Spelt Right Pizza dough.  Divide into 8 even balls, make small pizzettas on floured or corn mealed pizza peel.  Place pizzettas on lightly oiled baking sheet, top with sauce and cheese.    Bake at 400-450 for about 10 minutes.   Let cool a bit.  Put in aluminum foil, pack, head to beach with pizzettas, sliced peaches, bottled water, and your kids.  Relax, eat, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment