Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lunch Box Chronicles: Day Ninety-One (The perfect breakfast prepared the night before for hectic school mornings)

It's been a while, but I am back!!!  I had every intent of posting a recipe a day.  I cook everyday, right?  So, why can't I post a recipe a day?  Well, it is not that simple.  Life gets in the way of great intentions.  This summer has been a crazy and HOT one and I am happy that it is winding down.  I made more trips to Boston than I can count on two hands, Emma is off to college, Olivia started 3rd grade in a new school, Spencer is now at the "top of the food chain" being an 8th grader in middle school, Grandma may or may not be moving in, I am a student again - as a member of the Maine Center for Economic Development's Top Gun class, I completed my continuing legal education courses so I am a lawyer in good standing of the Maine Bar, we continue to grow Spelt Right Baking Co., and my house is a MESS!

Here's a great recipe for mornings.  Scrambled eggs with whatever else you want stuffed inside of Spelt Right Dough.   Thaw and fully rise one Spelt Right dough.  Preheat oven to 400F.   Divide dough into 8-10 equal size balls.   Scramble 6 eggs anyway that you like the best on pan on stovetop.  We use a little milk in with our eggs, added some grated cheese, and sliced mushrooms, though spinach would be great too.  Be creative here.     Make small rounds about 1/4 thick.  Scoop egg filling in center.  Make triangle shape (or calzone shape if you prefer).  Place on lightly oiled baking pan.   Bake until brown on top.  

Can be placed in fridge covered in plastic for 2-3 days.  Take out as needed in morning and put in toaster oven.  Also can be frozen and then microwaved.   Great protein boost and quick breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment