Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spelt - "the Grain of Youth" Ask Grandma!


Just returned from a whirlwind two days in Connecticut sampling Spelt Right bagels and pizza dough in the West Hartford and Glastonbury, CT Whole Foods. I love the West Hartford region! Great downtown. Incredibly appreciative customers who were so interested in learning about spelt and other options besides of the mono-culture of modern mass produced wheat. The best part of the trip, however, was spending the weekend with my 84 and 1/2 year old mom, who loves partaking in the promotion of this business. She'll point to her smooth hands saying to customers, "See, I started eating spelt and my arthritis cleared. I can now walk upstairs and go to bed without all the aches in my legs" Seriously! Perhaps, we should call spelt "the grain of youth."

No comments:

Post a Comment