WHOLE GRAIN SPELT BANANA MUFFINS - The Slow Food Solution
Here is a really moist, completely lovely, spelt banana bread that comes with clear instructions on how to make and how to eat. Certain of the instructions are mandatory, others offer some flexibility.
1) Make Muffins as set forth below.
2) Eat only when sitting at your nicely lit table (no eating on the run)
3) Enjoy with a glass of milk (cow’s, goat’s, soy, almond - your preference), or cup of coffee (or cup of chai)
4) with the newspaper open (sounds so antiquated),
5) No electronic media allowed near or on the table or in your hand
6) savor each bite, sip your drink, relax for a moment.
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup organic sugar
2TBL organic black strap molasses (optional)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups whole grain VITA SPELT flour
1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
1/4 cup orange juice
2-3 ripe bananas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients, and then mix in mashed bananas and orange juice. Mix well. Bake in 12 muffin pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
OK, did it work? Did you slow down for at least 20 minutes? I hope the answer is yes.